9 Helpful Herbs for the Skin
These 9 herbs work together to repair skin on the surface and the cellular level. All of them are helpful individually, but together they are powerful in helping to balance the skin. Good for both dry and oily skin conditions. They work on rashes, sun damage, irritation and inflammation alike. They may help prevent future damage such as cancer also.
- Calendula herb*, used on wounds and skin rashes, this herb soothes irritations, reduces inflammation and helps rejuvenate the skin.
- Chaparral*, has powerful anti-bacterial, anti-cancerous and anti-viral properties, helpful in clearing skin issues and blemishes.
- Sea buckthorn leaves*, according to the WebMD, sea buckthorn is used on the skin for preventing sunburn; treating radiation damage, for acne, dermatitis, dry skin, eczema, skin ulcers, and skin color changes.
- Plantain herb*, helps relieve pain and inflammation of rashes and other skin issues
- Mullein leaves*, high in minerals, it helps reduce swelling and spasms
- St Johns wort*, used externally for nerve injuries and spasms, has pain-reducing properties.
- Shavegrass herb*, high in the mineral, silica, which helps build collagen and gives elasticity and suppleness to the skin.
- Marshmallow Root*, used for skin inflammation, burns, and dry, irritated skin as well as mucus membranes.
- Slippery Elm*, externally used as a contact healer that relaxes and helps heal inflamed tissues
The first 7 of these we harvest ourselves in the Pacific Northwest ensuring freshness and the optimal quality as well as true organic sustainability. We combine these herbs together in a blend of 6 skin loving oils, organic aloe vera and 4 therapeutic essential oils to create a truly lovely blend for the face and body.
It can be found in our Sun Beater, which I have taken the liberty to introduce below:
More than your full protector against the sun; Sun Beater works to heal and soothe your skin while you wear it!
- All natural, full spectrum SPF 30+ Sunscreen
- Kid and environment friendly
- Repairs and soothes skin as it works
- Sweat and water resistant, yet breathable
- Good for sensitive skin and skin issues
- Rubs in clear
- Reapply after water and/or every 2 hours
“I am truly in love with this blend, it feels so great on the face! I am thrilled to finally offer it.” -Teresa S., Owner
A Full spectrum SPF 30 in a healing blend of oils for daily use. Rubs in clear, leaving skin feeling nourished & balanced. Sweat resistant yet breathable for the active outdoors. Long infusion of 9 skin rejuvenating herbs and 11 oils, help repair as you wear!
Active ingredient: Non-nano zinc oxide 16%, natural titanium dioxide 3% Other ingredients: Pure aloe vera*, shea nut oil* grapeseed oil, safflower oil*, coconut oil*, avocado oil, Proprietary infusion of all organic herbs: calendula*, chapparral*, sea buckthorn*, plantain*, marshmallow root*, mullein*, St Johns Wort*, shavegrass*, slippery elm*, vit.E oil*, essential oils of lemongrass*, lavender*, myrrh* & bay*. *Organic
“This is the only sunscreen I have found that doesn’t make my face rash up.” – Barbara A., Oregon