How to get your kids out of bed in the morning
With the change of the clock we have plunged back into dark mornings. I’ve noticed getting myself and the kids out of bed and around has been even more challenging than usual this week. Then I came across this excerpt in Donna Eden’s book, Energy Medicine. It’s an easy way to start the day with more energy and can help get us out of bed. Try it on yourself and then show your children. (time- about a minute) Use this during the middle of the day when you have an energy slump or anytime you need an extra boost.
1. Tug around your ears, gently pulling along the lobes. This stimulates acupuncture points, tiny electromagnetic reservoirs on the skin that will open you to the energies of the new day.
2. Stretch your legs and arms with 3 deep breaths.
3. Do the three thumps:
- Find the indents under the ends of your collar bones at the neck, then tap on these points for 20 seconds with the fingers of both hands. (these are called the K-27 points, and are juncture points that affect all of your energy pathways. Working them sends a signal to your brain that helps you feel more alert and focused.) You can use this anytime you need to feel more awake.
- Then go down to the middle of your sternum and tap for 20 seconds with all 4 fingers of one hand while breathing deeply. (This is your thymus gland. Think Tarzan banging on his chest and you get the idea. If you are really up for it let out a Tarzan roar too.)
- Stimulates all of your energies
- Boosts your immune system
- Increases your strength and vitality
Adapted from Energy Medicine by Donna Eden
Posture, movement, breath, and the tea you drink make all the difference
Always drink T’s Tonics organic loose leaf teas. You know what you are getting: health.